Last week the posting message was cut (that means Ottawa printed it and sent it out to my hubby) Last Friday hubby sent me an electronic copy.
Here is what it looks like. I’ve cleaned it up a bit and replaced sensitive information with stuff in [square brackets].
PROTECTED A [member’s service number]
[A listing of all units that need to know about this message]
BILINGUAL MESSAGE // MESSAGE BILINGUE – yes it comes in both languages
SUBJ:POSTING INSTR [service number] [rank, name]
1. [service number] [rank, name], OCCUPATION [military occupation code], SEC CL [security clearance level], FOL [first official language]ENGLISH; SL EEE [second language E=exempt from testing] DEPENDANTS: SPOUSE F/YYYY M/YYYY [I am the spouse and the kids are labelled as male and female with year of birth]
2. CURRENT POSN: [more military numbers and letters to describe the current tasking], [city], [country]
3. POSTED ON 11-AUG-2009 [date the actual member’s personnel file transfers from one unit to the other], TO [more codes indicating job description the member is posted to] POS LNG REQ: BILINGUAL POS LNG PROFILE: ENG:BBB FRE:BBB [This describes the linguistic requirements of the position. The member must have at least a level B in his/her second language, whether that be English or French as second language]
4. MOVEMENT/STORAGE OF (D) HG AND E RESTRICTED IAW CFAO 209-28 AND CFIRP CERT IAW FAA 32 INTERNAL ORDER IO M930030769 CC 3398AZ FUNDS C107 CATEGORY OF MOVE 08 APPROPRIATE GENERAL LEDGER IAW FMAS
[This means that the dependants (us) household goods and effects (our stuff) will not be permitted to move until lodging is secured at the destination because those are the rules]
This next part is to tell you how to follow the rules and the procedures.
5. A. MEMBERS ELIGIBLE FOR A MOVE UNDER THE CFIRP MUST PRE-REGISTER ON THE ROYAL LEPAGE RELOCATION SERVICES WEB SITE AT WWW.IRP-PRI.COM PRIOR TO CONTACTING THE RLRS REPRESENTATIVE. ANY OTHER INFORMATION REGARDING RELOCATION BENEFITS CAN BE ACCESSED ON THE DIN AT HTTP://HR.OTTAWA-HULL.MIL.CA/DGCB/DCBA OR ON THE INTERNET SITE AT WWW.FORCES.GC.CA/DGCB/DCBA BY CLICKING ON THE CF INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM OPTION FOUND ON THIS SITE FOR MOVES UNDER CFIRP OR THE APPLICABLE CBI IF MOVED OUTSIDE OF CFIRP. [This part tells where to go to get the rules. The DIN is the secured “Defense IntrA Net” not the standard intERnet that you and I can go to.]
These are more rules and procedures to follow.
B. RETURN TO CANADA POSTING. DCBA WILL APPROVE YOUR ELIGIBILITY FOR A MOVE OF DEPENDANTS, HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND EFFECTS (D,HG AND E) UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF THE CANADIAN FORCES INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM (CFIRP) AND ADVISE ROYAL LEPAGE RELOCATION SERVICES (RLRS) OF YOUR ELIGIBILITY. MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS PRIOR TO CALLING THE RLRS CFA:
1. IT IS NECESSARY TO OBTAIN YOUR PAY RECORD IN ORDER TO CALCULATE YOUR POSTING ALLOWANCE,
2. ANY LEASE TERMINATION PENALTIES ON YOUR CURRENT ACCOMMODATION,
3. ACQUISITION INTENTIONS (REOCCUPY YOUR PREVIOUS RESIDENCE, PURCHASE, APPLY FOR SINGLE OR MARRIED QUARTERS, RENT COMMERCIAL ACCOMMODATION),
4. DATE OF BIRTH OF DEPENDANT CHILDREN, AND
5. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE YOUR SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER (SIN) AS REQUIRED BY REVENUE CANADA
C. AS A REMINDER, PURSUANT TO QR AND O 101.09 AND 108.10, ALL SUPERIOR COMMANDERS, COMMANDING OFFICERS AND DELEGATED OFFICERS REQUIRE A VALID PRESIDING OFFICER CERTIFICATION BEFORE REPEAT BEFORE THEY CAN ASSUME THEIR DUTIES. IT IS SUGGESTED, THEREFORE, THAT THESE OFFICERS TAKE THE APPROPRIATE STEPS TO CERTIFY OR RE-CERTIFY AS NECESSARY BY CONTACTING THEIR LOCAL AJAG OR DJA
6. MBR DF&E LOCATED IN [Quebec]
END OF ENGLISH TEXT//DEBUT DU TEXT FRANCAIS [I’ll spare you the painful part of reading this whole thing again in Canada’s other official language]
So, there you have it. My work for the next week. I’ll keep you informed about what happens next as soon as I’ve sorted through what exactly it is I have to do next.
3 thoughts on “The Posting Message”
Just came across your site when I did a search for clarification of (IAW CFAO 209-28) !! Hubby just received his posting message Thursday…Thanks for posting what you did! 🙂
I’m glad you found the information useful! Have you had contact with the RLRS yet? I’d love for you to add your comments about your upcoming posting too!
I want to become a Staff Sergeant, and my rank is to become a Major. I want to personally thank ALL of our soldiers for fighting for our country and risking their lives for us! I love you all.
Comments are closed.