The past 10 days have been a whirlwind of activity
Last week I…
- Travelled from Winnipeg to Ottawa on a house-hunting trip (HHT)
- Looked at 3 different houses to rent and put in offers. The rental market in Ottawa is so intense that landlords choose who they want as tenants – and there can be bidding wars on some houses.
- Wrote two articles for a special “Army Wife” project (details will be shared soon)
- Wrote three articles for clients and did other client work.
- Enjoyed some time with our older child who is finishing up at Carleton University in Ottawa.
- Was successful in renting an excellent home thanks to my amazing realtor!
Our new home has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a fenced backyard, and a garage. The location is quite a distance from downtown (60-minute bus ride for my husband to get to work) but the bus stop is at the end of the street and the shops are only a five-minute walk from the house.
When I returned to Winnipeg I…
- Did the laundry.
- Sold our garden shed. (kijiji.ca is amazing).
- Prepared and submitted the HHT expenses with the relocation contractor.
- Arranged for utilities to be disconnected and accounts closed in Winnipeg.
- Opened accounts and arranged for utilities to be connected in Ottawa.
- Took dog to vet for annual updates on vaccinations.
- Booked doggy daycare for pack and load dates.
- Booked appointment to switch out winter tires for summer tires on car.
- Took vacuum cleaner across town to repair shop (inconvenient time for it to stop working!).
- Did month-end financials for my business.
- Wrote this blog post.
On top of his regular job, my husband booked the dates for the moving company because that has to be done through the military (Movements section) as well as submitted the Notice to Vacate to the Canadian Forces Housing Agency.
We have 21 days before the moving truck comes and 14 of those days, my husband will be training in Ottawa.
Wish me luck!
Image by Clker-Free-Vector-Images from Pixabay